During the Venetian occupation (1500-1797) Farsa together with six other villages belonged to the region of Potamiana. As a settlement it was first presentedin the tax of 1678.
Due to the mountainous ground, beekeeping and stockfarming were the main occupations of the inhabitants.
During the English occupation (1809-1864) together with the agriculture, merchant shipping started to exist.
After the union of the Ionian islands with the rest of Greece, shipping begins to be the main source of wealth for Farsa.
On the 17th September 1943, the village of Farsa was bombed by the German Air Force.
300 Italian soldiers prisoners of war of AQUI division were executed in the village’s location “Pondikou Avlaki” in Farsa.